First McOpCo restaurant to install defibrillator saves customer’s life
McDonald’s Hengrove was the first McOpCo restaurant to install a defibrillator earlier this year.
We are delighted to announce that yesterday the team saved the life of a gentleman who suffered a cardiac arrest inside the restaurant.
Ben Witcombe, the crew trainer was carrying out his work when he saw a gentleman collapse in the lobby. He called for help and two managers Ella Ford and Kyle Nutten came to his and the customer’s aid.
They immediately dialled 999, and although shaken by what was happening their training kicked in. CPR was administered and the defibrillator was bought from its cabinet. The team stayed calm and the defibrillator did its work and administered its shock. The ambulance crew arrived and the patient came back around.
An absolutely amazing outcome and many congratulations to all involved. Ruth Doolan – Duty Manager said “We are all so proud of the team members who jumped into action to save this customer who had suffered a cardiac arrest. We had two cardiac events outside the restaurant some time ago and pushed to get a defibrillator on site. Amy Cridland our Director made it happen and I believe all McOpCo restaurants are now getting defibrillators which is brilliant”.
Every restaurant and busy location should have a defibrillator. Well done to everyone at Hengrove